Sunday, August 2, 2015

We're Not Dead Yet!

I AM still around, and have still been taking pictures and doing things that warrant blogging but the move has taken up the entirety of July and is creeping in to August like that cousin that wants to make sure he gets food before it runs out. We're still unpacking boxes, making such lovely discoveries as we go ("Why in the actual 9 hells did we pack this stuff and not donate it??") and realizing how much downsizing we need to do in order to be comfortable in our new place.
I am actually looking forward to it, because there's just so much STUFF that I can't possibly see how I would use or enjoy all of it. Somebody else can, so we're going to try to sell it/donate it/gift it as best we can.
Right now everything that we sell is going right back in to the "Homestead Fund", since we had our AC unit explode and basically cost us $10,000 out of the house closing price. We're dead in the water and having to save up like mad in order to have a decent down payment for our next place.
In the meantime I am still creating, cooking, drying, planting and proceeding as planned. I can't have chickens, and there's no land to plant things in but I've managed a bit of a container garden on the deck and have plans to try and grow fruit trees in containers until we can get them in some good earth somewhere.
Lots of projects with photos to come, and I'm excited at everything that's been going on now that our lives aren't centered around leaving our old place. Can't wait to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment